Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Technology


Technology

For my first action plan, I will need a computer with access to Internet to gather information on different websites. I will bookmark the interesting websites. Some of the websites require passwords from my district. For example, www.ibo.org
To communicate with other teachers, I will use emails. Even though emails can be impersonal, it is an effective way of communication. Nowadays, everybody uses his or her emails several times a day. Furthermore, I believe people are more willing to write back a brief emails than to meet after school.

Last week, I contacted the distirct to obtain the username and password necessary. I have been looking at Kids French websites to find material I could use and relate with my students but so far I am not satisfied. I will probably extend my research and contact other teachers around the world who teach the 21st century skills and integrate technology in their lessons.

For my second indicator action plan I will introduce my work to the staff. I plan on creating of a power point on one of my project integrating new technology.
I will need a projector Elmo, the smartboard for the presentation. The visual and the video, will help the staff understand the process and in the mean time will allow them to look at students final product.
I will need a computer with Internet to research surveys on new technology in the classroom. If not satisfied, I will create my own survey on Microsoft office. When I will distribute the survey I want to give the option to the staff to respond to it electronically, or on paper.
Finally, I will need to have access to Internet and certain websites to create a wiki. Because the district blocks some websites, I will check which one I am authorized to.

So far I have been looking at surveys and find one that I adjusted to my school. I found it on www.cengage.com . It will enable me to evaluate what percentages of teachers are using new technology and where they stand on integrating it into their classroom.  I will create a power point presentation on integrating new technology in class and using the GAME plan when my students will be done creating their movie. This way I will have something concrete to show my audience. 

2 comments:

  1. Helene,

    I agree that email is a bit impersonal, but a more effective mode of communication. I have spent several afternoons trying repeatedly to reach parents via the telephone without much success. I have also left messages which were then erased by the student before the parent arrived home. Email is quick and easy and, as you stated, people check their email several times daily. Another issue with email that requires caution is the tone of the writing. I make sure to proof read my writing before sending emails so that the tone I wish to convey is correct.
    Another option for creating a survey is www.surveymonkey.com. I know several people who have used it and recommend the web site. I have not used it myself as of yet, but I have not needed to create a survey. It is free and, as I have gathered, easy to use. Good luck with your presentation!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the website, I will be looking into it. I have to implement an action research and I will need to create my survey. Could be a great website for me to use. I am starting to put all new websites under one file from this class. I am learning so much.

    ReplyDelete